1) Is this a public or a private University?
UTeM is the 14th public university in Malaysia and a Malaysian Technical University Network with UTHM, UNIMAP and UMP.
2) Where is Centre for Graduate Studies (PPS) Located?
PPS is located at the main campus of UTeM in Durian Tunggal near the North-South Highway.
3) How do I get there?
Road – From outside Melaka, the main campus is accessible via North-South Highway at the Ayer Keroh Exit
4) What are the programmes offered by the PPS?
6) How to apply for the programmes?
Please type this address : https://portal.utem.edu.my/postgraduate/
7) How much is the fees for the programmes offered?
8) Is there any scholarship available to pursue my studies here?
Zamalah,MyBrain15 and GRA.
9) What are the requirements to register in Master and Doctoral programme?
- A Master degree from UTeM or any other accredited institutions of higher learning; OR
- Any other qualifications that are recognised as equivalent to a Master degree or other relevant qualifications and experience that are recognised by the Senate.
- For Industrial PhD programme, candidate must be currently an employee as professionals, executives, engineers, researchers or equivalent, in the industry or Malaysian company operating overseas.
- Application for Doctoral degree must be accompanied by an initial research proposal.
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree (honours) with good grades (minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent) from UTeM or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; OR
- Any other qualification that is recognised as equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (honours) or other relevant qualifications and experience that are recognised by the Senate; OR
- For candidate with Bachelor’s degree whose CGPA is between 2.49 and 2.00, minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the related fields will be considered.
- Candidates with diploma qualification and work experience of TEN (10) years in the relevant field of interest will be considered together with Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) from MQA. MQA APEL application should be made directly to the MQA and approval must first be obtained before applying to UTeM programme.
- Applicants for the MBA programme must have at least one (1) year relevant working experience.
- Application for Master (by Research) programme must be accompanied by an initial research proposal.
1. International applicants are required to present Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the test administered by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with the minimum required score intable below:
|Types of Programmes||Minimum TOEFL Score||Minimum IELTS Score|
2. Applicants without TOEFL/IELTS or for those who obtained a score below the requirement above are required to undergo and pass the English language programme conducted by UTeM prior to commencement of the postgraduate programme.
3. Exemption may be given to those who have undertaken regular programmes of studies and graduated from universities that use English as the medium of instruction or who has graduated from UTeM in a programme with English as the medium of instruction.
|Other Requirements ( International Students)|
|-||All international students are required to register as full time student and should have the financial capability to meet the course fees and living expenses|
|-||Applicants need to submit a letter of certification from their Ministry of Education verifying nationality and academic qualifications of candidate.|
|-||Academic transcripts and supporting documents must be certified true copies by a senior public official from the applicant’s country or from Malaysia.|
|-||Proof of financial ability to pursue their studies and live in Malaysia for the duration of study. A letter of financial guarantee/sponsorship or the most recent financial statement from applicant’s bank is sufficient.|
|-||Have international passport with at least two (2) years validity and meet all immigration procedures.|
|-||Clear medical check-up by the health authorities.|