The Centre for Graduate Studies (PPS) of Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) was established to further enhance the contributions in the area of engineering, technology and management through rigorous and dedicated academic research. The research activities at UTeM are geared towards the combinations of applied industrial and academic excellence.
PPS strives to provide higher degree education that is of high quality and relevant to the needs of the varied participants on the range of programmes offered. The ability to respond to participant’s need is facilitated by a programme structure, which permits the maximum flexibility consistent with the maintenance of academic requirements and standards with an emphasis on close professional relationships between staff and students within the Centre. It is part of an academic community, which prides itself on an outstanding services and facilities. In the spirit of supportive fraternity, all students, regardless of creed and background, benefit from the challenges and opportunities presented by such environment.
The roles and functions of PPS are:
- To facilitate and manage the offering of the graduate programmes, which are innovative and relevant to the current and future market demands.
- To develop and enhance the quality of the graduate programmes for recognition and meeting the accreditation requirements.
- To become a one stop and leading centre for all information that relates to the graduate study programme at this university.
- To act as the catalyst to the development of the graduate studies programme and to be responsible in promoting the graduate studies programme.
- To increase the intake of the graduate students to the ratio of at least 10% of the total number of student enrolment through intensive activities and promotion, client-friendly procedures and attractive financial aid schemes.
- To make the graduate studies programme a major channel toward the increase of research and development activities.
- To become the main choice of students through the improvement of quality, infrastructure and conducive environment in UTeM graduate studies programme with international recognition and accreditation.